WEBGL IOS/ANDROID PUZZLE GAME JAM UNITY
Roles: Game Designer, Programmer,
A relaxed and easy to pick up arcade puzzle game that mixes Tetris and Jenga. The goal of the game is to try to take out as many blocks as possible from the tower without making it fall.
- Game design and idea development.
- All Programming.
- Visual design and creation (Concepts, Lighting, Materials, Particles, Animations, Scene Creation).
- Procedural level generation
D-Stack is designed to be an accessible and quick arcade game. Initially, it was nothing more than a simple tower destruction game. However, through playtesting I found that the core gameplay loop was too simplistic, and there was not enough friction. To fix this, I made the blocks Tetris pieces to incorporate more strategic depth.
The mechanic of destroying the blocks was designed to be easy to learn. This connects back to one of the main design pillars of the game: accessibility. Making the blocks Tetris shaped allowed me to open up the game to creative solutions. This aspect makes the player think about the effects of the blocks in 3D space, which creates the right amount of friction and strategy.
Design Principles & Goals
- Easy to pick up and play.
- Short play sessions easy to put down.
- Casual and relaxed gameplay.
- Low skill floor, high skill ceiling.